MGS Machine Corporation is a successful, privately owned company that provides engineered-to-order machinery worldwide. Our business is growing, complex, dynamic and always changing. We are thrilled to have been recently recognized as Manufacturer of the Year by the Manufacture’s Alliance of Minnesota. With our remarkable team of talented employees, we are a values-driven organization that strives to live up to tenets such as caring for our community, rigorous problem solving and exceptional teamwork. See our website for videos of our employees describing our environment and why MGS is their workplace of choice.
The Receptionist is responsible for the first impression of MGS with our customers, callers and visitors. Greets all visitors providing information and assistance, and maintaining a professional presentation, appearance and manner. Also crucial to this position, promptly answering incoming calls, directing to appropriate employees; mail distribution; flow of correspondence; requisition of supplies as well as additional activities and related tasks as requested. Schedule: 7:00am – 12:00pm Monday – Thursday and 7:00am – 2:00pm Friday.
- Answer Phones: the Receptionist is expected to have the switchboard open and operating promptly at 7:00am and throughout the day until the normal close of business. Ensures all incoming calls are answered professionally and routed accordingly. Will transfer calls to voicemail or take messages as needed.
- Visitor Accommodations: Manages scheduled customer visits: sends timely notification to company staff of upcoming customer visits, arranges lunches, prepares visitor tags and greeting board. Greets visitors in a professional, yet hospitable manner and announces/directs visitors to appropriate person.
- Route Mail: Receives and accurately sorts and distributes incoming mail; prepares all outgoing mail.
- Order Supplies: Manages the ordering, receiving, stocking and distribution of office supplies; ensuring an appropriate level of supplies is available for daily business operations.
- Special Projects: Completes special projects as requested in a timely, efficient and effective manner.
- High school diploma or equivalent. Minimum 1 year customer service experience.
- Excellent phone etiquette and verbal communication skills.
- Should be customer service driven; able to deal with difficult clients or customers.
- Computer proficiency in MS Office products; ability to learn other applications as needed; keyboard skills of 45wpm or greater.
- Ability to act and operate independently with minimal daily direction from manager to accomplish objectives.
- Must be dependable and punctual.
Physical Demands / Working Conditions:
- This job operates in a clerical, office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, copiers, printers, filing cabinets and adding machines.
- Mental requirements include the ability to read, write, concentrate, reason, analyze, evaluate, problem solve, multi-task and perform basic mathematical calculations.
- Requires the ability to communicate and exchange information, collect, compile, and prepare work documents, set-up and maintain work files.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to sit, talk, and listen for extended periods of time. This is a largely sedentary role however the employee will be required to move about periodically. The employee must have the ability to operate a personal computer and have the ability to express or exchange ideas by means of the spoken and written word. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and color vision. The employee may be required to lift or move 10+ pounds and bend or stand as necessary.
To be considered for this opportunity, all qualified applicants should send their resume directly to our Open.Positions@mgsmachine.com.