You Want: A company that’s going places! Mechanical Engineer I-II
MGS Machine Corporation is a successful, privately owned company that provides engineered-to-order machinery worldwide. Our business is growing, complex, dynamic and always changing. We are thrilled to have been recently recognized as Manufacturer of the Year by the Manufacture’s Alliance of Minnesota. With our remarkable team of talented employees, we are a values-driven organization that strives to live up to tenets such as caring for our community, rigorous problem solving and exceptional teamwork. See our website for videos of our employees describing our environment and why MGS is their workplace of choice.
This key role is responsible for the creation of mechanical designs that meet technical, project cost, and schedule criteria of projects. Leading projects through the design and also being the primary technical contact (both internally and externally) through manufacturing, assembly, debug, final acceptance, and service
- Concept Develop / Design to Standards: Concept and layout technical solutions using MGS standards and/or new technology. Compiles and analyzes operational, test and research data to establish performance standards for newly designed or modified machines. Prepare machine layout and detailed drawings.
- Deliver Project Scope/Schedule/Budget: Control project costs through efficient design practices.
- Documentation: Maintain all technical documentation for assigned projects including but not limited to Functional Specifications, Flow Diagrams, Floorplans, Utility Requirements….
- Lead Design Teams: Project lead technical contact providing project support through manufacturing, assembly and debug and final acceptance. Mentor Engineer l and new engineering staff
- Technical Expert/Support: Keep abreast of new applicable technologies. Provide Service support for past projects. Support internal and customer design reviews
- Implement Product Standards: Maintain engineering standards
- BSEE or equivalent or 2 year AA degree with 10+ years of automated machine design experience
- 5+ years of automated machine design experience with BMSE or 10+ years of automated machine design experience with 2year AA degree (packaging industry preferred)
- Proficient in Solid Works
- Thorough understanding of machine design including Mechanisms, Pneumatics, Control devices, Manufacturing practices.
- Proven problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral
- Effective interpersonal skills working with-in a team environment
- Strong planning and prioritization skills including the ability to work with limited supervision
Physical Demands/Working Conditions
- Some travel may be required (less than 20% expected average).
- Typical office environment, but frequently works in a manufacturing environment with exposure to moving mechanical parts and moderate noise level.
To be considered for this opportunity, all qualified applicants should send their resume directly to our Open.Positions@mgsmachine.com.